Ferry MV Isle of Arran near Port Ellen
Please find below a collection of useful links to websites about Islay.
- To get to Islay, you'll need to travel by ferry or plane. For travel information, have a look at the
Caledonian MacBrayne and the
- There are a number of places to eat out in the Port Charlotte area, including the Port Charlotte Hotel, the Lochindaal Hotel, the Croft Kitchen, Port Mor and An Taigh-Òsda. There are also hotels and restaurants in other parts of the island.
- There are eight whisky distilleries on Islay:
Also worth visiting is the Isle of Jura
Ron Steenvoorden runs the astoundingly comprehensive
Islay Info website,
which is recommended reading for any visitor to Islay.
View to Port Charlotte Lighthouse
- An excellent source of information about Islay is the website for the local newspaper,
The Ileach, which
is regularly updated.
- Rhinns Taxi Hire offers a 24-hour Islay taxi service that covers all of the island.
- Jeremy Hastings runs
birdwatching tours on Islay,
and more birding information may be found on
- Mark Unsworth runs
which offers a range of photography services including weddings, creative landscape, commercial & PR and a picture framing service.